If you like traveling and always feel troubled to always apply for a visa every time you go to countries like Australia, China, New Zealand, Russia, South Korea, and Taiwan. Because to enter the countries that I mentioned earlier we need a visa. So for those of you who don’t want to be bothered because of applying for Visa, there is 1 (one) solution for you, especially for those of you who frequently or routinely visit these countries by using the APEC Business Travel Card or abbreviated as ABTC.
What is ABTC? ABTC is a travel card for APEC business people that applies in APEC countries that impose this APEC card scheme, which is as many as 19 countries, where you are facilitated in entering and exiting APEC member countries. So you don’t need to apply for a visa every time you visit this APEC participating country. For more information about APEC Business Travel Card, you can check on the offshorecitizen website.
Maybe if you hear the word APEC Business Travel Card only applies to entrepreneurs or business owners. If I am just an ordinary private employee, can I apply for this ABTC card? If you read the Terms as long as you have Occupation and Not Unemployment (no Work), you can apply for this ABTC Card.
General requirements for submitting ABTC:
1. Fill out the Registration Form
2. Application Letter from the Company (addressed to the Director of Traffic Immigration Up. Head of Sub Directorate of Visa)
3. Letter of Recommendation from the Employers’ Association / Professional (in the form of recommendations that are not member cards/member signs of certain associations).
For those of you who want to ask for a Letter of Recommendation from the Employers’ Association, you can get it like in KADIN which is located not far from the Directorate General of Immigration Building, which is about 1.3 km and requires approximately 15-20 minutes on foot. The last time (last year) the requirements were a Letter of Recommendation from your company working regarding the application for making a Recommendation Letter for ABTC Purposes and at that time for making a Recommendation Letter, a fee of Rp. 2,000,000, – (not a member).
For further information, you can contact the Employers’ Association such as K ADIN / APINDO / Other Associations
4. Bank Reference Letter with a balance statement of the last 3 (Three) months with a minimum of Rp. 500,000,000, – (Personal account not a company / husband and parent-child account).
To get a Bank Reference Letter, you only need to go to the Bank where your Fund is placed with a KTP, Savings Book and ATM. Go to the Bank’s Customer Service (CS) and let us know your purpose is to ask for a Bank Reference and for what purposes the Reference is made. After that, the CS section will process the Bank Reference Letter that you requested and you will be charged an administration fee of Rp. 100,000 (BCA Bank) * Administration fees for Bank Reference vary depending on the Bank where you request a Bank Reference
5. Photocopy of passport with a minimum validity period of 2 years
6. Proof of a business trip for the past 6 months (copy of the past 6 months passport, 3 times business trip).
7. Police records are well-behaved issued by the Police / Regional Police.
To obtain a Police Record Certificate (SKCK) you can do online registration.
8. Photocopy of ID card (work on a KTP must be representative of a business, such as Employees or Entrepreneurs.
9. The latest 3×4 colored 2-piece passport photo (red background, formal wear, and studio photo quality)
10. Attach a signature using a special whiteboard marker to be uploaded to the system.
After all documents the requirements for submitting ABTC applications are complete. You just go to the Office of the Directorate General of Immigration on the 1st floor of the ABTC section on Jl. HR Rasuna Said Block X-6 Kav.8 Kuningan, South Jakarta during the service hours for ABTC filing, Monday-Thursday. 09.00-12.00 and Friday 09: 00-11: 30
If you want to use the mode of transportation Busway from Harmoni take the path direction Blok M and gets down in the upper hamlet 1 and moves the direction of the hamlet direction to 2 destinations Ragunan and gets off at GOR Sumantri. The building location is across the busway stop.
The cost of making ABTC cards is Rp. 2,500,000 (two million five hundred rupiahs). P roses ABTC takes about 6 months or more, depending on the process of approval of the 19 countries participating in ABTC.
The duration of the ABTC card is 5 years and does not exceed the validity period of the passport.
ABTC cards can be taken after all Approval processes are complete. So far the costs incurred for making ABTC cards are approximate Rp. 4,500,000, – with a note that you take care of yourself. (Actually, the ABTC card production was only Rp.2,500,000 because it was added to the cost of making a Recommendation Letter from the Employers’ Association in the amount of Rp. 2,000,000).
Hopefully, this discussion can be useful.